About the Program
Read the world around you.
The Composition Program, housed in the Department of English, prepares UCI students for the communication challenges of the 21st century. To that end, we offer two required first-year writing courses: in WR 39B, students focus on critical reading and rhetorical analysis of texts across a variety of genres and media. In WR 39C, students research current cultural, scientific, and social issues with an eye toward writing in the disciplines. Both courses consider writing in a larger communication context that includes digital literacy and speech. We also offer an array of foundational courses (WR 39A and WR 37) to help undergraduates develop literacy in traditional academic genres.
News and Announcements
None at this time.
- Campus Writing Coordinator - Undergraduate writing workshops and resources
- Creative Writing - Information on the undergraduate emphasis in creative writing
- Department of Comparative Literature -General overview and calendar for comp lit
- Department of English - News, events, and overview of the Department of English
- First-Year Integrated Program - Innovative, multi-disciplinary first-year immersion
- Program in Academic English/ESL - English language and academic writing courses
- UCI Libraries - UCI’s awesome library system